Saturday, March 21, 2009

Off and Running

I am so nervous right now! In one hour and 20 minutes, I will be starting to run in my first 5k race ever!!! I haven't raced since I was 11 years old, so I've got a pretty bad case of the nerves. Eep!

I'm trying to stay realistic and sane about the whole thing, though. It should be a fairly short race, for one thing. Also I know that I can run 5k. I have run 7+ miles in about 1 hour previously, so I know that I can finish. That's my goal: to finish, and to run the whole way. I'm not so great at running fast, but I'm not racing for time today. I'm racing for the experience. And the t-shirt. (Okay, maybe not . . . but the t-shirt is a nice bonus!)

Here's the weather report for today:
Showers likely, mainly after noon. Cloudy, with a high near 54. Calm wind becoming west northwest around 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
And right now the temperature is 39*F, with windchill bringing it to 33*F. That's not bad, considering it was snowing earlier this week. I'll still have to bundle a bit, though.

Okay. I've fueled (1 cran-bran VitaTop). I've tried to hydrate better than usual. My mp3 player is ready to roll with some peppy tunes.

Breathe.

Relax.

Run!

No comments:

Post a Comment

"I am glad you are here with me."
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Return of the King