Thursday, March 5, 2009

Farewell, Friend

A good friend of mine, Ed, is moving away tomorrow. She is like a sister to me, and has been since I moved to the loverly Montana city I now call my home. Ed pretty much rocks. She has been a prayer partner, a confidant, an adviser, my bridesmaid, a fellow photographer and yarn-worker, my good-humored clothing wars pal -- in a word, my friend. She's leaving tomorrow to go on an amazing adventure. Not only will Ed be embarking on several cross-country road trips, but she's setting out on an even more momentous path -- marriage! I'm so excited for her and proud of her, but I will miss her.

Tonight we celebrated her going away by visiting a favorite bar-come-Irish pub. We chatted about things to come, things that have been, fears, hopes, and everything in between. Girl talk, basically! Plus I got to watch her open my present, which include items like Hello, Kitty chapstick, chocolate syrup, and a color book, to give you an idea of what kind of people we are. (That is to say, silly people. At times, anyway.)

Ed and I also shared a fantastic meal. She ordered a salad with (I think) candied walnuts, gorgonzola, and a sliced green apple. I branched out and tried a Thai coconut stir fry that came with veggies, crispy tofu, jasmine rice, and flatbread. It was incredibly delicious. I'll definitely be ordering this one again.

But probably not with Ed. At least not any time soon. Farewell, awesome chica! Have I mentioned how much you rock?

No comments:

Post a Comment

"I am glad you are here with me."
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Return of the King