Saturday, November 10, 2007

In a previous comment, Julie asked what sorts of ingredients find their way into my pumpkin burritos. Normally, the burritos are quite a simple affair, as they were for tonight's dinner. I simply wrap a wheat tortilla around a spread of pureed pumpkin (I use canned, although you could puree your own) and sprinkle the whole thing with cinnamon. If you are looking for variety, try adding black beans, raisins, or walnuts. I love this meal because it's simple and quick to make, easy on the wallet, and healthy. Plus, it's fun to pull a tray of crispy-edged pumpkin burritos from the hot oven when the weather is cold and blustery outside and let the burritos' orangey goodness fill and warm you up. This is comfort food at it's best -- cozy and healthful!

No comments:

Post a Comment

"I am glad you are here with me."
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Return of the King