Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Tonight's dinner: delicious homemade black bean burgers with sweet potato fries. I highly recommend this recipe, although I would halve the amount of cumin. I also cut out the hot sauce. My burger tasted great topped with barbecue sauce and a tiny bit of salsa and fat free sour cream. I've been looking forward to this meal for quite some time, and it was almost as good as I expected it to be. My two regrets are that the fries were limp instead of crispy, and that I waited until the last minute and so couldn't find any good quality wheat burger buns in the bakery section of Albertson's at four o'clock in the afternoon. Even in spite of these factors, the meal felt especially cozy in my belly after coming in from the snow.

The snow finally stopped coming down, but some still remains. It was amazingly beautiful and magical yesterday, and lovely even as it melted and turned the streets into treacherous ice sheets. It reminds me of Narnia. I can't wait to put my Christmas lights up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

"I am glad you are here with me."
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Return of the King