Thursday, November 1, 2007

NaNoWriMo (and, for that matter, NaBloPoMo) is off and running. Or writing. I'm very pleased to say that I surpassed the daily minimum word count of 1,667 words, which is a strategy I hope to keep up to give myself a nice buffer for Thanksgiving/having of a real life/procrastination. What's my survival strategy? Bribery with cookies, like this Moose Bar from The Break Espresso, a wonderful cafe and bakery downtown. This cookie is an amazing concoction of oats, chocolate chips, and peanut butter. I tell myself that the oats make it healthy.

4 comments:

  1. Looks delicious! I admire your participation in NaNoWriMo. I got off to a great start last year, but life happened and I couldn't keep up. NaBloPoMo looked much more reasonable for me this year. Congratulations on your recent wedding, by the way. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe you are blogging, writing novel and cooking. You're making the rest of us look bad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, we'll see how that keeps up, Mrs. G.! :P

    ReplyDelete

"I am glad you are here with me."
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Return of the King