Wednesday, December 1, 2010

A Conversation With God

131/365
Me: I believe that You can free me from disordered eating, but I don't believe that I can let you.

God: I am ready to lead you to the promises of OA -- the promises of freedom.*

Me: Hmm . . . that's nice.  But I still think I get in Your way and don't know how to get out of it.  It's impossible.

God: The way you continually talk about your inabilities is an insult to Me.  To complain over your incompetence is to accuse Me of having overlooked you.  I haven't.**

Me:  Oh.  *Grins sheepishly.*

I love synchronicity, how God always has just what I need to hear ready and waiting at exactly the right time I need to hear it.  Do you ever experience that?  Do tell!

* From the November 30 reading in For Today.
** From the November 30 reading in My Utmost for His Highest.

* * *

I am participating in Reverb 10, inspired by Hoopcamp guest poster Steph (who, I might add, crossed the NaNoWriMo finish line a day early!).  Reverb 10 asks participants to reflect on the past year and begin to think deep and mindful thoughts about the imminent new year, providing daily prompts to fuel these ruminations.  I feel like I have a lot to process from 2010, so I'm in.  Find my Reverb 10 reflections on the Tumblr blog I created just for the project, Mrs. Cellophane.  There is also a link at the top right corner of every page on To the Fullest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"I am glad you are here with me."
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Return of the King