Sunday, December 5, 2010

Link Appreciation Day

I have been reading a lot of interesting material on the web these days.  And as I've just taken my Delicious links out of this blog's feed, I thought I'd dedicate a post to what's digitally rocking my world.  Enjoy!

Hooping
  • Philo Hagen, founder of Hooping.org, recently made his first hooping video in a long, long time, called Gotta Hoop.  It's a good one -- so good, in fact, that it inspired the New York Times to write a feature on Mr. Hagen.  Go Philo!
  • This past week Bhakti Omwoods (who is also a To the Fullest reader) took her hoop out to play and made a mesmerizing video of her practice.  What makes this even cooler is that Bhakti's mp3 player's batteries died part way through, allowing her to have a profound experience hooping to silence.  Check out her blog post here!
Yoga
Creativity
  • So many of the posts from The Urban Muse are bookmark-worthy.  However, the guest post called Disappointment: The Key to Creative Freedom truly stands out.  Plus, the title is super catchy.  Go, read, and start cultivating your creativity freedom.
  • Ernest Hemingway was one of the few "great" authors that I appreciated when I first ran across his work in my high school literature classes.  An Art Full Life's post on quotes concerning writing from his memoir A Moveable Feast only kindles my enjoyment of Hemingway's words.
Mental Health
  • I just recently discovered To Write Love on Her Arms (TWLOHA) via Twitter.  This non-profit is dedicated to helping people grappling depression, suicide, addiction, and self-mutilation.  There's not much more I can say to describe how awesome I think this organization is, so you'll just have to get check TWLOHA out for yourself.
Giving Back
  • This weekend I watched the film Somewhere Near Tapachula, which highlights the amazing work of a missionary couple with the street children of Tapachula, Mexico.  I didn't think I'd like the movie, but I was very wrong.  I'll leave you with the teaser trailer of their story:
 

Has anything on the internet particularly struck you lately?  Share it, pretty please!  

1 comment:

  1. Aww, thanks for linking to The Urban Muse! Can't wait to check out these other links.

    ReplyDelete

"I am glad you are here with me."
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Return of the King