Monday, June 2, 2014

Artist Mama Interview with Heather Annais at Soul Skin Song

I am so excited to share that today I am being interviewed by the amazing Heather over at Soul Skin Song!  She's been running this fabulous series about creative mothers, and I'm honored to be the latest featured artist.  Heather is a dear friend, fierce mama, and a talented artist, not to mention the author of Saving Katie Baker, a novel, and a delicious poetry collection, The Grey Muse.  You can check out our interview here.  Here's a taste of the conversation:

What is your definition of success? What does it mean to you as a writer mama?

I am successful in this moment.  I am living my dream -- writing books, and publishing them.  If people buy my words, that would be really, really awesome.  I hope people do buy my books, and get something from them.  But that is not what makes me successful.  What makes me successful is believing that I matter, that my dreams and my words matter, and pursuing them -- and achieving them.

This is the kind of woman I want my son to see -- a woman who is not only a mother, whose identity is not all about him, but is also living life for herself.  This is very important to me, and, I think, is important for him.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

"I am glad you are here with me."
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Return of the King