Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Family Planning After Babyloss

Before I became a mother, I used to image that my husband and I would have three kids, all quite close in age.  I didn’t think to worry overly much about it, though.  How hard could it be to create the family we wanted?

Then our first child, our sweet daughter, died and was born.

And suddenly, the idea of family planning felt incredibly ludicrous.

Because how can you plan for the future when you’re still picking up the pieces of what was supposed to be, and the edges of all that shattered slice deep into your tender palms?
 
Today I am writing over at Still Standing Magazine!

 
 
* * *

Untitled

Are you interested in exploring the intersection of art and faith?  Then the Made online course might be for you!  Come adventure into the creative heart of God with us this fall.  There are just a few early bird registration prizes left!

 
Follow on Bloglovin
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

"I am glad you are here with me."
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Return of the King