Sunday, August 18, 2013

{New In the Shop} A Bit of Art

This post is going to make it look like I've had oodles of time to get all paint-ified and make lots of art lately . . . but that's not the case.  Instead, I've been working hard to carve out tiny pockets of time to get ready for the imminent (!!!) start of Made.  Things are falling into place.  I am so excited for the ecourse to begin!

But in spite of the Made-induced time crunch, tonight I had some extra time and wanted to [finally] share some mixed media art pieces that I've created over the past few months.  All are available in my Etsy shop as fine art giclee prints -- click on the images to check out each print's details over there.

I must tell you, friends -- each one (although particularly the first and the last) of these pieces feels exquisitely, almost painfully dear to me.  Each one feels like the peeling back of skin to bare bone and soul and sinew.  Each one feels as if I birthed it from my womb instead of with paint.  I don't know what that's about . . . but even thought it hurts and twists in a strange way, I like it.  It feels like depth.

“In art, either as creators or participators, we are helped to remember some of the glorious things we have forgotten, and some of the terrible things we were asked to endure."

~ Madeleine L'Engle, Walking on Water

I Am More Than Beautiful

Fly

Bunny Girl

Accidentally Alice

A Universe Within Her

* *  

Untitled
Follow on Bloglovin

1 comment:

  1. Oh, my goodness! I love these; they speak to me, so deeply. Bookmarking the Etsy store for when I can save for and decide on a print. All so amazing!

    ReplyDelete

"I am glad you are here with me."
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Return of the King