Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Awarded (Let's Have Some Fun, Okay?)

It's been very serious here on the blog lately.  Real and honest, yes, but still serious.  So here's a little fun: Jen and RaeAnne both gave me for a Liebster Award.  Thank you, sweet ladies!

Here's a little about the Liebster Award:


This blog award is granted to up and coming bloggers with fewer than 200 followers who deserve some recognition and support to keep on blogging. What is a Liebster?  Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.
Here are the rules:
1. Answer the questions sent to you by your nominator.
2. Pick 11 blogs to nominate.
3. Write 11 questions for them to answer.

How fun is that?

Okay, so let's get cracking on these questions, because Jen and RaeAnne nominated me quite some time ago, and my response is late.  First I will answer the questions they asked, and then I will reveal my own nominees and questions for those bloggers.


The Answers


What is your favourite memory of the time you spent with your baby?
With Eve, my favorite memory is of my husband picking her up and "flying" her across the room to me, making airplane sounds.  It was so beautiful, and so heartbreaking, knowing that he'd never be able to show his daughter what a loving dad he is.  

With our rainbow, it's every single second.  Well, except when he's not napped in a week and we're both cranky.  But even that's pretty good, knowing what the alternative is.
Do you have any resources you would recommend to a new BLM?
Yes -- you can check them out here.  And don't miss my free ebook for babylost parents with ideas on remembering your lost child.

How long have you been married?

Five and a half(ish) years.
  
What is your favourite place to travel to?
We don't travel much on account of my husband's chronic pain, but I lived in New Zealand for a semester and I'd love to go back.  I also went to Malaysia on a missions trip a few years back, and hope to visit again.  Other places on my travel dream list are: Hawaii, anywhere in Europe (especially the Mediterranean), India, the Philippines (to visit my sponsored Compassion child) . . . the list goes on, but I'll stop there.  :)
 
If you had all the money in the world, what would you do with it?

Set my family up to be debt-free and help people.  I mean, if I had ALL the money in the world, I could fix a lot of things, right?  I could help end hunger, poverty, animal homelessness and euthanasia, third world orphans, the AIDS epidemic, the lack of clean water in third world countries . . .  If I had no limits on money (and power) I would do everything I could.  

What reminds you of your baby?

I'm guessing this means Eve, so: the color purple, lilacs, the colors rose pink and purple together, sparrows, the songs "Beautiful Things" by Gungor and "I Will Carry You" by Selah.

What is your favourite season and why?
Fall and spring!  Both my children were born in the fall, I love the sense of both excitement and coziness that's in the air as the leaves begin to turn and the weather turns cold and I can start wearing sweaters.  And I love spring because it's so refreshing to wear flip flops and feel the sun warm on my skin after our long Montana winters.


What is your favourite colour?
I have to pick just one?!  Purple, turquoise . . .  purple and turquoise together . . . anything bold and bright. 
  
Where do you live?
Big Sky Country (meaning, Montana)

What do you do  (or will you do) to honour your baby on their birthday?

This is what I (and you!) did for Eve's first birthday.  It's too soon for me to start thinking about next year yet.
  
What is your biggest wish for 2013?
That I would be the very best mother to our rainbow son that I can be.  That God would make what I have to give into more than enough.  That I would boldly challenge anxiety.  That I would be here now.
 
What do you love the most about your baby/ies?
Eve: that she lived.  That I knew her, a little.  That she was ours, for a while.  That she is God's.
 Our rainbow: that he lives.  That he is himself.  That he is ours, for a while.  That he is God's, even though that scares me
 
What character from a book would you like to meet (even fictional ones)? Why?
Again, I have to pick only one?!  ;)  I'd love to meet Jo March from Little Women, both Bastian and Atreyu from The Neverending Story, Triss from Divergent, because they are all strong and brave and scared and and broken. 
 
If someone could bring you a meal right now, what would it be?
Authentic Indian anything with garlic naan.
 

What is the best thing someone has said to you after your loss?
I can't remember the specific phrasing, but I loved it when people were honest and said that they didn't understand, that they were sad, that they would remember with me.  And they have remembered, and that means everything.

What's your favorite song/book/movie?

Here are many of my favorite books.  I have movie and song favorites on my Blogger profile.  I particularly love music that moves my body and ignites my emotions.  But there are too many favorites to list them all! 

Who do you admire most?

My husband.  We've been through a lot together, and he's been through a lot on my account, and yet he somehow still loves me with a sacrificial, Christ-like, redeeming love -- a love that builds me up and thinks the best of me and never gives up and makes me better.


What's one thing you wish people knew about you?
I long to be so much braver than I am.  

What's the best date night you and your spouse/partner ever had?

This past Mother's Day.  Well done, husband.  Well done.

If you could redo your wedding day, what would you change/what would you keep?

I would keep everything as it was except my eating disorder.  I wish we could get married again, now that I'm healthy.  Our engagement, wedding, and first year+ of marriage were robbed of their joy by my eating disorder.

The Questions (nominees, you answer these on your own blogs . . . can't wait to check them out!)
  1. What does a day in the life of you look like?
  2. What is one of your favorite words?  Why?
  3. What nourishes your soul?  Or, what are you passionate about?
  4. What is your favorite way to express yourself?
  5. What makes you really angry?
  6. What fills you with joy?
  7. What is one thing you love about yourself (quick, don't over think it)? 
  8. Do you celebrate Lent?  If so, what do you plan on doing this year?
  9. What are you hungry for, right now?
  10. What is your favorite Easter or Valentine's Day candy? 
  11. Coffee, tea, or neither?
Thanks for being awesome, friends!  And that awesomeness is not restricted to the eleven nominees . . . I'd love to read your answers, too, lovely readers.  There are so many more wonderful bloggers, both big and small, that I read that I wanted to tag!


 p.s. forgive the formatting issues on this post . . . I've tinkered and can't figure it out, so wonky it shall stay, instead of wasting my son's precious little naptime on it.  ;) 

1 comment:

  1. Yay!! thank you so much!! I am going to post right now!! I love questions like this! Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete

"I am glad you are here with me."
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Return of the King