Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Sex and Babyloss

When my husband and I drove away from the hospital where our daughter, Eve, was stillborn, empty armed and brokenhearted, the future felt like a wide open blank. I didn’t know what to expect – other than to expect to grieve.

I knew that not only did I need to grieve, but that I wanted to. When we arrived home without our baby girl, the phrase “silent as a tomb” became all too real of a description and I wanted to crumple to the floor in the empty silence and sob.

Only I couldn’t. I didn’t know it at the time, but I was in shock. The only thing I could feel was nothing. But even that, one of the stages of normal grief, felt expected.

What I did not expect, however, was the effect that grief had on my sex drive . . .
 
Today I am writing over at Still Standing Magazine!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

"I am glad you are here with me."
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Return of the King