Sunday, February 19, 2012

{Sad Hope Songs} "Glory Baby" by Watermark




I've been listening to "Glory Baby" by Watermark a lot these past few days.  I love this song because it tells so exactly the tension I have been living in since Eve died -- unspeakably glad that she is with God, whole and complete in Heaven, but devastated that we couldn't have her here in our earthly lives. I am happy for her, but so sad for me.  I don't expect that that will ever change.


Every weekend I share a song that has been particularly soothing or healing to me since my daughter, Eve, was stillborn. I call these "sad hope songs," because they are usually melancholy sounding but also full of the beautiful hope that is born out of pain and suffering. To pass a song on to me, please leave your recommendation in the comments.

4 comments:

  1. When I first found out that you lost Eve, I shared the news with a nurse I know, and she showed me this song. I didn't share with you then for it didn't seem the right time, and then I forgot about it. And I am so amazed and glad that Glory Baby found you anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Clare! I don't remember how it found me (ugh grief brain = bad memory), but I'm so glad that it did. And I'm so glad that you're home!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore this song. It's what we used for Hannah's video. I remember hearing it years ago and thinking, "Oh, what a sweet song. How horrible it must be to lose a baby." And then we did and the song meant so much more.
    Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete

"I am glad you are here with me."
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Return of the King