Thursday, January 5, 2012

It is Well



A friend shared this with me.  I have always liked this song but didn't know the history of this song before.  Now that I know, I find it incredibly moving and healing, given the circumstances in which it was written.  It doesn't make Eve's death better, but perhaps it makes me better able to bear it.  I'm not sure of anything in that respect yet, but the song and video were too lovely not to share.

P1180659


"The thought of my suffering and homelessness is bitter beyond words. I will not forget this awful time as I grieve over my loss. Yet I still dare to hope when I remember this: The faithful love of the Lord never ends. His mercies never cease. Great is his faithfulness, His mercies begin afresh each morning."


~ Lamentations 3:19-23


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

"I am glad you are here with me."
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Return of the King