Saturday, July 16, 2011

Freedom Exercise

I have exercise ADD (which you probably already guessed from this post, and others).  But for good reason -- different kinds of exercise bring me different results.  An elliptical session is a sure stress-buster, yoga is a challenge that leaves me feeling so profoundly still, walking is meditative, and intense cardio and interval workouts make me feel like an Amazon warrioress.  I love feel de-stressed and challenged and peaceful and strong, and I don't want to trade in any of the workouts that make me feel those ways!

But there is one kind of exercise that brings me a different benefit -- a sense of freedom.  I bet you can already guess what it is . . .



Hooping is so singularly awesome because it not only works my body and unleashes my creativity, but when I'm in the flow it makes me feel like I'm flying.  It sets me free from all my earthly insecurities so that I can just be.  It's a beautiful gift.

(And yes, I know that I'm mostly headless in the above video, but I wanted to share it anyway.  I really like some of the things I do -- things I didn't realize were happening in the moment! -- and I also wanted to share a few moments of first trimester pregnancy hooping!)

What is your favorite form of exercise?

"Christ has set us free to live a free life. So take your stand! Never again let anyone put a harness of slavery on you." ~ Galatians 5:1

5 comments:

  1. I'm old school: I love lifting weights because I feel strong and powerful breaking through my records. I also LOVE sprinting (though more WHILE I'm sprinting; I drag my feet EVERY TIME it's time for me to sprint, but enjoy it when I do it) because I always envision that I'm running on my favorite beach on Maui ^_^...talk about visualization!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha sprinting on a tropical beach would not be half bad! I'm not sure that I'm with you, though -- I'd rather run for miles and miles than sprint. My brain likes it better! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brava! *clap clap clap* Excellent video, Beth! I smiled all the way through - your joy is so contagious in this video. You're looking gorgeous, my sister; pregnancy suits you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, lovely Traci!

    ReplyDelete
  5. [...] Bloggery ← Freedom Exercise 8 Things I Wish I’d Known About the First Trimester Before Living It [...]

    ReplyDelete

"I am glad you are here with me."
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Return of the King