Friday, July 8, 2011

A Blog By Another Other Name -- Or, I Can't Make Up My Mind

I changed this blog's title.  Again.

But I think this new one is going to stick.  I hope.  Anyway, even if it doesn't, my title ambivalence is exactly why I decided to snag non-title-specific domain.

Seriously, though, I really like this new title.

When I switched over to the deliciousness that is a WordPress-hosted blog, I began with the name Messy Vibrant Lovely Life.  After all, that's what my life feels like most of the time -- messy and complex, but sweet.  But I don't think I was being true to myself.  Instead, I was carried on the inspiration of the truly messy, vibrant, lovely, life-livers that are SARK and Goddess Leonie.

But just because I was inspired by these luscious women doesn't mean I should try to make my blog more like theirs.  Oops.  I guess I got carried away.  I'm not sure that I'm good at blogging about living a messy, vibrant, lovely, life specifically -- but I know that I am good at (and, perhaps more importantly, comfortable with) blogging about life after an eating disorder.

So that's the new blog name (for now ;)) -- Life After Eating Disorder.  It will still be the exact same content that I planned for Messy Vibrant Lovely Life, but it will feel more real to me, and more on point with my personal goals, as well as more true to the history of this blog's past content and incarnations.  I've also updated the blog's Facebook page.  So . . . welcome!  Um, again.  :)

I have a hard time with naming.  Do you?  :)  What do you think of the new blog name versus the old one?

"Convinced that no human being can please God by self-improvement, we believed in Jesus as the Messiah so that we might be set right before God by trusting in the Messiah, not by trying to be good." ~ Galatians 2: 16

4 comments:

  1. Beth, I do like your new name, but damnit I'm sick of changing my blogroll!! Just kidding. ;)



    My only thought on the new name is that...is there still an ED part of you that is hanging on to ED as identity? Just an inquiry to explore inward. I don't think that retaining knowledge or information or lessons from the past is a bad thing at all. But I think ED can be sneaky about keeping its nose in our lives. So the question becomes, is ED nosing in, and by naming your blog ED, are you in a sense glorifying that you had this THING and identifying with it? Or are you using ED history to keep yourself aware of the lessons and experience for the sake of moving on, and encouraging others?



    Beth, I truly feel it is the latter with you. :) These are more things that I would consider in myself I suppose, maybe other people don't overthink it all.



    Anyways, I do like the blog name and your name, Beth, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Clare! And thank you for the thought-provoking questions. At first, I thought -- oh gosh, maybe she's right, and I'm still using ED as part of my identity. But really, I don't think that's true (for which I am very, very glad). I like the new title because it seems to better represent my mindset (keeping mindful tabs on any ED tendencies in my life) as well as this blog's content.

    Sorry about the constant blogroll changes! ;) I'll try not to change for . . . um . . . a month! Hehe just kidding! I really do think this one is here to stay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have such trouble keeping up with you, girl!!

    But it is worth it.



    Hopefully you will be magially annointed with your baby's name. No worries, no indecision, you will just KNOW.

    That would be awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. [...] I’m not changing Life After Eating Disorder [again]!    However, I’ve been wanting to write more about my art-making adventures in ways that [...]

    ReplyDelete

"I am glad you are here with me."
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Return of the King