Wednesday, June 15, 2011

My [Latest] Source of Blogging Distraction

Last time it was art.  This time, it's this:

P1160793

. . . and this:

P1160797

and this!

P1160823

That's right . . . we're pregnant!  (Is that how people say it these days?) ;)  Anyhoo, I found out a few weeks ago, which is when I stopped blogging because I couldn't think of anything else to write!  Today we had our first doctor's appointment with our first ultrasound (wow!), and so now I feel ready to tell the world -- so I am!

It's quite funny how I discovered the pregnancy.  I was whining on Twitter about how I felt nauseous and tired, and Barb of HoopPretty said she felt the same.  I joked that maybe she was pregnant . . . and then thought maybe I should take a pregnancy test myself.   (By the way -- Barb is not pregnant.  I think.  ;))

So . . . that's that!  Now that I'm not bursting with the news, I will get on with blogging as usual.  Of course I'll be writing some about the pregnancy (and resulting human being), but about the usual topics as well.  Not to fear -- I am not planning on turning into a mommy blogger!  I still have loads to say on health, faith, creativity, and the like.  And, uh, my strange new food revulsions.  :)

In case you are wondering, this is a surprise baby, but a very welcome one.  After anorexia ravaged my body, my reproductive system was unpredictable at best.  I went for nearly four years without having a period.  Even after it finally came back last year, we were told not to expect much in terms of having biological children.  So this baby is totally a miracle baby for us.  I have been reading the Biblical stories Hannah and Sarah often since I found out the news, empathizing with these barren women's joy for the first time instead of their sorrow.

All that to say that we feel very, very blessed.  :D

20 comments:

  1. OH MY GOSH CONGRATS!!!! You are going to be an amazing mother :) And the best husband ever will be an amazing father :):):) So happy for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe thank you!! I told you the water bottle win came just in time -- baby wants super clean water! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing news!! Congratulations to you both :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations, Beth! I'm so excited for you guys—that's so awesome! And, dude, I totally feel you on the food revulsion (but, be encouraged, I thought my appetite would never return, but it MAJORLY did). Hope you're feeling alright, and that your first trimester is better than mine was! How far along are you, officially? And, with that, what's the due date? (Sorry, so many questions!)



    I'm so excited for you! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so excited to see this news!!! Thanks for sharing with us! I look forward to updates!!! Yay!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations, my sister! I stopped by here yesterday morning to see what was going on with you; guess I visited too early in the day to see the news. I'm so excited for y'all, Beth! :)



    Have you started crocheting baby things yet? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha not yet . . . but I have been feeling the random urge to learn to knit (I think knitted items tend to be prettier).

    ReplyDelete
  8. [...] Messy Vibrant Lovely Life Blogging life to the fullest since 2008 Skip to content HomeAboutBeautiful BloggeryBeth’s Favorite Posts ← My [Latest] Source of Blogging Distraction [...]

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beth!!! I'm sorry I've been MIA, just now reading this. CONGRATS x10000000!!!



    ahhhh so happy for you! what a blessing. You will be an exceptional mother. such a lucky baby.



    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. YAY WHIT! I've missed seeing you around the blogosphere! :D Thanks for the congrats! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. [...] pregnancy seems to be preventing me from enjoying my usual summer exploits.  Due to the heat and sun, I [...]

    ReplyDelete
  12. [...] I am a huge fan of all things produce — I love fruits and vegetables!  Now that I’m pregnant, however, apparently I have turned into a vegetable hater, much to my chagrin.  Most green veggies [...]

    ReplyDelete
  13. [...] my newly renewed green smoothie habit, I’ve been filling my days with a lot of reading.  Obviously, I have a huge interest in learning about pregnancy, birth (particularly natural childbirth), and [...]

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yes, so very blessed. I am beyond happy for you Beth. So so happy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you, Heather! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. [...] am so tired.  I know, I know, it shouldn’t surprise me, given that I’m pregnant and all.  But I’ve been consistently feeling better — less nauseous, more energized.  [...]

    ReplyDelete
  17. [...] another factor that we didn’t count on when we bought the treadmill in March — pregnancy!  Since I wasn’t in running shape pre-pregnancy, I don’t want to start now, even if it [...]

    ReplyDelete
  18. [...] Through all the craziness, I’ve been working on a couple of big things, and I wanted to share them with you.  These are things that I feel I really need to improve to grow as a person, to improve in my recovery from an eating disorder, and to be a better wife and mama. [...]

    ReplyDelete
  19. [...] A few weeks ago I wrote about three big things that I’d like to work on in my life.  Because it’s one thing to say you’re working on something and quite another to actually do just that, I want to fill you in on how it’s been going.  As I said in the original post, these are things that I feel will help me grow personally, in my recovery from disordered eating, and as a wife and soon-to-be mama. [...]

    ReplyDelete
  20. [...] From at least the past week.  It’s been a crazy, wonderful summer full of surprises both beautiful and not-so-beautiful (ugh shudder).  But this past week seems to take the cake with its ups and [...]

    ReplyDelete

"I am glad you are here with me."
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Return of the King