Thursday, May 12, 2011

Books I'm Reading That You Should, Too

I am overwhelmed (in a very good way!) with the amount of awesome books I'm devouring at the moment!  I'm taking a break from fiction and gobbling up books on self-care, mental health, and the like.  They are individually and collectively blowing my mind!

Succulent Wild Woman by SARK



 


Conquering Depression and Anxiety Through Exercise by Keith Johnsgard



 


Art at the Speed of Life by Pam Carriker



 


Transformation Soup by SARK (again! because she really is that awesome!)



What?  Are you still here?  Get thee to a library!  Go!  (Nerd points if you can tell what famous literature quote I just bastardized.)


In other Messy Vibrant Lovely Life news (oh, and that's the name of this blog now, in case you hadn't heard! :D), I created a page showcasing my favorite blogs and other internet-y interests.  Check it out here!


What are you reading that's blowing your mind (in a good way)?

5 comments:

  1. Love the new "identity"

    Thanks for putting me amongstthe beautiful bloggery!



    I love sark...can't say I am reading anything worth mentioning right now but hmm...Do you like Anne Lamott? I think you would like her if you have not already read (which I am betting you have).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE Anne Lamott!! But strangely I have only read two of her books. Of course, one of those was Bird By Bird, whose amazingness makes it count for a whole series. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stephanie (@dancingwMay 13, 2011 at 5:30 AM

    Thank you for the shout out! :)



    LOVE Sark. She's wonderful and amazing. I'm currently reading The Lacuna by Barbara Kingsolver (fiction), which is quite lovely. I will be diving into Sacred World by Jeremy Hayward when it gets here. I also need to finish True Perception by Chogyam Trungpa, which is about art and meditation/Buddhism.



    And I love the new name, too, Beth. So lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. [...] Messy Vibrant Lovely Life Blogging life to the fullest since 2008 Skip to content HomeAboutBeautiful Bloggery ← Books I’m Reading That You Should, Too [...]

    ReplyDelete

"I am glad you are here with me."
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Return of the King