Sunday, March 6, 2011

Empowerment Green: The Power of Nail Polish

P1150445


This week I did something that I haven't done since my sophomore year of college (meaning 10 years ago . . . egad! when did I get "old"?).  I painted my toenails greenish turquoise.  I love this color.  I call it my empowerment green nail polish because I feel like it boosts my courage, or at least my self-appreciation.  Plus I think it looks pretty, and it makes me happy.  What other reason does a girl need to paint her toenails turquoise?


Posting about this for Snapshot Sunday makes me think of these lyrics from a certain musical whose songs I enjoy: 

For example, if I should paint my fingernails green -- and it just so happens I do paint them green -- well, if anyone should ask me why, I say: 'I think it's pretty! ('I think it's pretty,' I reply.)

Where are my Broadway musical buffs?  Who knows what it's from?  Band and choir geeks unite (Gleeks also welcome)!


What small, seemingly silly things do you do that make you feel good?   

5 comments:

  1. Pity we can't post photos with our comments. Otherwise, I'd show you my freshly painted turquoise tootsies. :) Like you, I decided this past weekend (yesterday, in fact) that since the recent unseasonably warm weather made me break out the sandals, it's time to crack open the nail polish. And of course the toes had to match my outfit for church, which was mostly turquoise.Sadly, the mercury took a dip and I ended up wearing my mary janes to church, but the toes are still pretty for when the temp returns to springlike and I can bare my little piggies again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beth @ To the FullesMarch 7, 2011 at 7:13 AM

    Yay, Traci! Turquoise toes unite!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You inspired a post, Beth. :) I was going to put it in your Create A Link section, but it's not working the way I thought it would, so here's the link to my CP post: http://circularpraise.blogspot.com/2011/03/signs-...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beth @ To the FullesMarch 7, 2011 at 8:05 AM

    Ha! I had no idea I had a "create a link" thang going on here. Thanks for letting me know, Traci. :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. My toes are burgundy all summer long! I love how "Ya-Ya" it makes me feel.

    ReplyDelete

"I am glad you are here with me."
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Return of the King