Monday, November 1, 2010

Pumpkin + Cottage Cheese = Awesome

Pumpkin cottage cheese

Pumpkin cottage cheese rocks.  Today I ate pumpkin cottage cheese for breakfast, snack, and lunch.  If you haven't tried it (and you can safely eat dairy, of course), you absolutely must.

Preparation is simple.  For every half cup of cottage cheese, add a large spoonful (about 1-2 Tablespoons) of pumpkin puree.  Stir and devour.  Or, if you're me, stick it in the fridge overnight and enjoy in the morning.  I prefer the taste after the pumpkin has melded with the cottage cheese for a while.  But it's good freshly mixed, too.

Have you ever tried pumpkin cottage cheese before?  What's your favorite way to enjoy pumpkin?  

Now, if you'll excuse me, I must get to noveling.  Today is the start of National Novel Writing Month, after all!  You can still support NaNoWriMo -- find out more by clicking here.  You can also follow my progress (or lack of progress) via my profile on the NaNoWriMo site once it stops bugging out from all the eager beaver writers already thousands of words deep in their respective novels.  These are exciting times, blog friends!

5 comments:

  1. Hmm. That *looks* disgusting, but I will give it a try :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. heeellllzzzz yah! i love pumpkin + CC. its like pumpkin cheesecake. try pumpkin + ricotta too! don't forget the pumpkin pie spice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh... I hate pumpkin and cottage cheese, so this is vomit-inducing.However, I love the look of your blog and the web address is phenomenal!I'm looking forward to more posts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks DELIGHTFUL! I have two japanese pumpkins sitting on my counter that need to be cooked. One was already made into Paula Deen's super delicious pumpkin pie. I think this may be next... except I have no way to puree the pumpkin. I may need to get creative.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beth @ To the FullesNovember 4, 2010 at 11:35 AM

    @blametheweatherman: Blender? Potato masher?@Timothy: You and my husband sound like two peas in a pumpkin-hating pod. :)

    ReplyDelete

"I am glad you are here with me."
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Return of the King