Monday, June 21, 2010

My Blogging Habit

I love blogging. I really do -- it's helped me heal from anorexia, connect with wonderful folks I never would have met otherwise, and is both a creative outlet and my own little soapbox. It's a fun gig (if you can call it a gig!).

For all of that enjoyment of blogging, though, you will notice that I haven't blogged since . . . Thursday? Wow, it's been four days! For someone who blogs five to six days a week on average, that's a big drop. Oops. But I guess my dropping of the blogging ball is a lesson about habits -- that they're easier to maintain once you're in a rhythm, and that's it's vastly more difficult to start something than to continue.

Obviously this is a generalization, but this seems to be the case with most habits in my life -- having God time, blogging, writing, drinking enough water, exercising, cleaning . . . if I get out of the rhythm, the couch potato in me takes over, and I fall into both a physical and emotional stupor. But once I'm going, I'm going. The momentum helps me stay strong in what I hope to accomplish, and I meet with more success and personal fulfillment.

So all that to say . . . I'm back on the blog wagon. Here's to some regular writing of all kinds this week! What habits are easy for you to maintain, and which are more challenging?
Free VitaTop Sample

1 comment:

  1. I'm the same way! It's like my balance of everything has been off. I need to work to get back in the habit of everything.

    ReplyDelete

"I am glad you are here with me."
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Return of the King