Friday, February 26, 2010

First Friday of Friday Firsts

Is that title enough of a tongue twister for you? I'm just trying to keep your mind strong and toned. Or I'm running short on catchy post monikers.

Anyway, alliterative successes aside, I am enjoying the courageous kitchen adventures that I've been having this week. In fact, I've been trying so many new recipes, in addition to revisiting old favorites, that I couldn't just pick one to highlight on my first Friday Firsts posts. Christina is hosting this fabulous weekly blogging event in which she traverses new culinary terrain and invites the rest of the food blogging community to join her. I already submitted yesterday's eggpancakes, but couldn't stop there! Check out the other cool stuff I've been putting in my mouth this past week. (Yes, that sounds sort of dirty, but still not as dirty as nooch.)

Speaking of nutritional yeast, there has been more nooch pizza. I made this one with a base sauce combo of tomato paste, pureed spinach, balsamic vinegar, garlic and spices, inspired by Angela's green goddess pizza, and toppings of cranberries, mushrooms, and bell peppers. And humnut sauce, with nooch. Obviously.


I continue to pack my Laptop Lunchbox. Can you see what's in the top right of this one? It's fresh pear with full fat whipped cream cheese. My verdict on the non-non-fat version of one of my favorite spreads? Yum.


I had my first taste of coconut butter, courtesy of Love Street's sample (pictured here for breakfast on a wheat tortilla along with defrosted tropical fruit in Greek yogurt, sprinkled with vanilla, which also hails from Love Street Living Foods). The coconut butter, as with the whipped cream cheese, was also quite delicious.


The Best Husband Ever and I tried out our first Morningstar Farms item, a Mushroom Lover's [Veggie] Burger. It was, in the hubby's words, "eatable," but nothing too special. I put plain yogurt and BBQ sauce on mine, along with some veggies.


I felt the full fat whipped cream cheese love at breakfast when it topped my bowl of Greek yogurt + chocolate Amazing Grass + defrosted strawberries.


I ate my first fruit leather for a snack. It was good. Watch for a review. (Thanks, Nicolette, for the samples!)


And don't think that I'm forgetting about dessert . . . because I'm not. Because that would be irresponsible of me, letting dessert feel all forlorn and lonely. Abandoned, even. I could never let that happen.

As you can see, it's been quite a week! Full of firsts, to say the least. How was your week? Any big weekend plans? Any fun recipes to share?

Happy Friday, blog friends! May it be fabulously first-y!

Friday Firsts / DinnerAtChristinas.com

4 comments:

  1. Heather Iacobacci-MiFebruary 26, 2010 at 5:39 AM

    Thank goodness you didn't let dessert go to waste!! LOL. Didn't Angela's pizza look awesome. Made me want to make it right then and there too! I have yet to try the coconut butter. I keep reading rave rave rave reviews.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, such deliciousness! I'm so glad I've discovered your beautiful blog! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all your eats! My husband wouldn't even touch a Morningstar product, let alone eat one! :DHaving lunch with my Mom and daughter tomorrow at a French bistro - should be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay thanks so much for the support! :) There's so many things you've listed that I've never tried! Your eggpankcakes, nutritional yeast, and coconut butter! I also LOVE your laptop lunchbox. It's so adorable. I'm a big lunch packing nerd too! :P

    ReplyDelete

"I am glad you are here with me."
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Return of the King