Monday, November 16, 2009

Journey On

I am a bad blogger. However, I think I have a great excuse. It's not that I haven't been writing. I just haven't been writing here. Instead, all of my energies are flowing into my 2009 National Novel Writing Month novel. And guess what? It's paying off! Not only am I ahead of schedule by more than 5,000 words if I want to write a 50K story by the end of the month . . . but I'm enjoying it. And the writing itself may or may not be fairly mediocre to not bad at all. So even if I've been a bad blogger, you could say that I've been a very good NaNo-er. Here are some current stats for ya:

Words written: 30,269
Chapters: 12
Local write-ins attended: 3, plus the kick-off
Characters killed off: 0
Zombies characters created: 1
Characters with shifting allegiances: 2
Endings that I am writing toward: ???
Cups of coffee consumed: ?????
Fun that I am having: immeasurable!

On an unrelated topic, as I was searching through my Flickr photostream for some pictures tagged with "writing" or "computers," I ran across this photo. Click at your own risk, because I find it pretty shocking. I took this shot of myself in the summer of 2008, right around the time when I was at my lowest weight ever due to my eating disorder. And . . . I thought I looked great. The thinner the better, right? Check out the expression on my face -- does that spell out "denial" or what?

I've come a long way from that. Because I am sore from super-fun ice skating with the Best Husband Ever yesterday, I'm taking the morning off of exercise. Also, I'm going to Zumba later! Do you think the girl in that photo could keep herself from exercising like crazy first thing in the morning? Not on your life.

Happy Monday, all! Be good to yourself today because it's worth it, because you deserve it, and because body image and weight are not what make you wonderful. Journey on, friends.

1 comment:

"I am glad you are here with me."
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Return of the King