Wednesday, November 4, 2009

The Best Part of Waking Up

. . . was yoga in our spare bedroom (a.k.a. my very own blogging-yoga-hooping space until we have kids, thankyouverymuch). After a loooong time away from a full-on yoga practice, I busted out with a 60 minute Dave Farmar podcast class. Here's me:
Okay, okay, you caught me. That, in fact, is not me. Obviously. I mean, that woman is Asian. I am not Asian. But ethnicity aside, it's all me. Really.

Perhaps not. But that doesn't change the fact that yoga-ing this morning rocked my world -- and my muscles. What's more, the yoga was completely unexpected. I was getting ready to do some TaeBo kickboxing, when my body just said no. And (here's the victory story for this ex-anorexic) I listened to it. I also heard the voice of anorexia citing how I feel fat, how I've gained weight over the last few weeks due to some emotional eating, how my thighs are more dimply than they have been -- and then I told that ED voice to stuff it.

I might be going HEAB-style here, folks. And I'm okay with it. An exercise regimen of yoga, hooping, and hiking? I can live with that.

So what do you think of that?

1 comment:

  1. I think that I'm very proud of you for listening to your body and telling ED to stuff it : ]

    ReplyDelete

"I am glad you are here with me."
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Return of the King