Saturday, September 12, 2009

Fall is in the Air

Black Cat had something new at their farmer's market bakery stall today -- pumpkin muffins!! I adore all things pumpkin, so of course I had to make one of these cream cheese-iced lovelies my own. They had plain pumpkin as well as a pumpkin stuffed with dried cranberries and pumpkin seeds. I get a little nervous about nuts in baked goods, though, because sometimes bakers can go a little overboard for my taste. I decided to go with a standard pumpkin.

It was a good choice. I made quick work of it, along with a personal pot of masala chai tea, while the hubby and I Scrabbled. The pumpkin muffin (or "muffin," I suppose -- whoever heard of an iced muffin?) and the fact that I wore a scarf to the market this morning made me feel deliciously autumnal.

Happy Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

"I am glad you are here with me."
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Return of the King