Friday, August 14, 2009

Rain, Rain

It's been quite fall-ish here over the past few days. I haven't minded much, though, because I've been inside attending a training on DIBELS reading assessments in preparation for the upcoming school year. Today, however, I hoped for a sunnier forecast, but all I got was rain. So instead of played outside, I stayed indoors and organized my desk area.

I also held a little chihuahua fashion show. It's been quite the dog-centric week! On Tuesday, Jackson attended the first class in his canine education. Cody went in on Thursday for a one-on-one consultation with the trainer, and while I was at the store I picked up a little sweater for Lio. His skinny chihuahua body can't take the damp cold very well, so today I outfitted him in his new duds. He did not seem to mind wearing it, which is a good thing since it looks like we're going to have to stock up on winter and rain gear for the little guy!

At least there were plenty of cuddling opportunities that allowed Lio to warm up. My lap was often available, and he tried to commandeer it even when I was otherwise occupied. Also, I did a spot of niece-sitting (for the first time -- it was great!). I think Lio was on the receiving end of a little more four year old lovin' than he would have liked. He was a good sport, though, and enjoyed when our activities went from playing with the dogs to playing dogs.

I'm not ready for autumn yet! In spite of the cold I mixed up a chilly green smoothie for lunch (two-ish cups of fresh, melt-in-your-mouth ripe cantaloupe, plus some nonfat plain yogurt, some frozen banana and mango chunks, a little sweetener, and, of course, heaps o' spinach). When will the sun come back to us?

1 comment:

  1. so cute! i need some sun too! it's ridiculous. the smoothie sounds delish. http://randomlymikey.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete

"I am glad you are here with me."
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Return of the King