Sunday, August 16, 2009

Happy Hubby Halibut

The Best Husband Ever is a fish-cooking adventurer extraordinaire. When he makes dinner, it is more likely than not to be some kind of seafood steeped in a marinade, then cooked up either on the stove top or in the oven. It's a good thing that he specializes in steaks of the sea, since cooking fish is daunting for me. Plus I find working with raw meat to be pretty repulsive in general, even while the end result is usually quite worth the clammy handling.

During yesterday's Costco run, I saw the Best Husband Ever eying the seafood selection and knew that a fishy steak dinner was likely in my near future. I was right, and we went home with a halibut fillet among our spoils. Today, said halibut met its maker.

This morning the hubby created a marinade that incorporated, among other things, peanut butter, balsamic vinegar, soy sauce, teriyaki sauce, maple syrup, lemon juice, and ginger. Intrigued? I surely was! Unfortunately, the Best Husband Ever cooks in the "a little of this, a little of that" tradition, so his mouthwatering marinades are not reproduce-able . Using this method, he turned this:

into this:

If you're thinking "yum!" then you're spot-on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"I am glad you are here with me."
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Return of the King