Monday, August 3, 2009

Get Your Vote On

What a day! This afternoon I went to my first official meeting for my brand new job. It was so exciting! I've got lots to do before the start of school, of course, but I am thrilled through and through. I had the opportunity to meet some of the teachers that I'll be working with most, as well as the custodial staff. Everyone was not only very nice, but also very intelligent. I can feel that I will be learning a lot over this coming year! And, strangest wonder of all, considering how apathetic I was a year ago -- I can't wait.

In addition to my first day in my very own office, today kicked off another first. It's the first day that you can vote in the August 2009 round of the Royal Foodie Joust, hosted by Jenn, the Leftover Queen. The ingredients that participants had to incorporate into their dishes were banana, honey, and turmeric, picked by me! I still can hardly believe it, even though my Joust spoils arrived on my doorstep a few weeks ago. I had to have a kitchen fashion show right away, of course, so I could show the world my official Royal Foodie Joust apron and mug. Thanks again to everyone who gave my ricotta parfait their vote, as well as to Jenn. My morning coffee fix has been delivered more than once via this swanky mug, to my caffeine-fixated delight.

Go vote! There are only a handful of entries this month, but that did not make my choice any less difficult. Every last entry looks amazing, even the martini. Since I hardly ever drink alcohol, you know that's a compliment coming from me! Before you go cast your vote, though, do tell -- how would you use banana, honey, and turmeric in a single dish?

1 comment:

  1. too cute, I love the apron and I just read about your cookie marathon how sweet to do something so great for the troops

    ReplyDelete

"I am glad you are here with me."
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Return of the King