Sunday, July 19, 2009

Get Ready For a Week of Green!

Come one, come all! See the most fabulous bloggy show in town? That's right, for one week and one week only, Kitchen Courage is hosting a full seven days of green! Green what, you ask? Green smoothies, of course!

I have been so enjoying making green smoothies (or green monsters, if you will) that I decided to bring you a week chock full of verdant blended goodness. And that's not all! If you would like to share your favorite smoothie concoction or green smoothie tip, I will post it on the blog!! Simply leave a comment or email me at escagnel04 (at) yahoo (dot) com and I'll get your submission up post haste. Ladies and gentlemen, start your blenders (and your emails)!

And so without further ado, I leave you with this week's premiere green monster recipe. I particularly enjoyed this one, finding it sweet and refreshing during today's 100*F weather (yikes!). It's based loosely off of one of my favorite smoothies from the local organic food store, the Take Me Away smoothie. I hope you enjoy this, because I surely did.

Take Me Away, Kitchen Courage's Way

1 banana, broken up into chunks
1/2 cup frozen peach slices
2 cups fresh spinach
1/2 packet stevia (or your fav sweetener)
1/4 cup lite coconut milk
2 handfuls ice cubes
water as needed to help it blend smoothly

Toss all the ingredients into a blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Pour into a chilled glass and sip by a loved one's side on a hot day. Let this green monster take you away!

Serves 1.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"I am glad you are here with me."
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Return of the King