Sunday, February 22, 2009

Lackluster

Because I have a little more time on Sunday mornings, I like to play around with my breakfast. This morning was no different. I plopped one small container of Oikos vanilla Greek yogurt, 1/4 cup pumpkin spice trail mix, about 1/2 cup of Annie's Honey Bunnies cereal, and a spoonful of pumpkin into a bowl. I stirred it all up and . . . thought it tasted pretty average. Ah well. These are all ingredients that I love separately on their own -- especially the trail mix -- but somehow they don't meld well. I've tried putting this trail mix in yogurt once before, but it somehow loses its taste. Perhaps the yogurt washes away the spice? Still, I'm glad I tried it. The tenuous nature of success versus failure makes playing around that much more fun and interesting. How do you get creative with your food?

1 comment:

  1. JennDZ - The LeftoveFebruary 23, 2009 at 9:29 AM

    I do the same thing - just try different combinations and hope for the best!

    ReplyDelete

"I am glad you are here with me."
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Return of the King