Sunday, November 2, 2008

Sweet November

How is it possibly November already? As trite as it may sound, sometimes time truly does fly. And I'm not just worried about the incumbent winter weather. This November is bringing big changes in my life. For one, this is the first November in four years that I will not be participating in National Novel Writing Month. Why? I'm too busy getting ready for my two week missions trip to Malaysia at the end of the month! I'm so busy, in fact, that I can't even make it to the write-in's to say hello. That makes me quite sad, although the trip is more than worth the sacrifice.

Those aren't the only ways that this November is singular. On Tuesday, I'll be practicing democracy and voting in the presidential election. It's going to be a close one, and I think we'll see its effects either way the vote goes more clearly than usual this election. Also, for the first time in, well, ever, I have a guaranteed, full-time, eight hours a day, five days a week teaching job that keeps me hopping. I do enjoy it, though, and am privileged to work with a great bunch of kids.

Whew! That's a lot of change and newness! I'm sure that there are other elements as well, but right now my brain is too full to recall them! Some things are, to my happy relief, staying quite the same. Such as the sweet treat that the Best Husband Ever and I indulge in every Saturday. Yesterday we visited Bernice's Bakery, where he got his usual (a cinnamon roll) and I tried the best croissant of all time. Seriously. I had a pumpkin cream cheese filled croissant and it was that good. I cannot begin to do this delicacy justice with words -- buttery, fluffy, creamy, smooth, delicate, melts-in-my-mouth amazing don't even touch the reality of this autumn-y twist on the French standard. All I can say is, drool-yum-drool, and that I'll be partaking of this treat again. Soon.

2 comments:

  1. Joy @ Joy Of DessertNovember 2, 2008 at 8:40 PM

    Beth,Congratulations you are a winner of my giveaway! E-mail me your address so the publisher can mail you "I Like You: Hospitality Under The Influence."Joy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your website, very nice layout :) and congratulations for the giveaway!

    ReplyDelete

"I am glad you are here with me."
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Return of the King