Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Sneak a Peek . . .

. . . inside my stomach! For this week's [mostly] wordless Wednesday, I present the contents of my stomach for today (so far -- dinner is yet to come!).

Breakfast: 1 cup fat-free organic maple yogurt; 1 cup pumpkin flax granola; 1 banana; and a cup of jasmine green tea (which is so good -- it tastes like honeysuckle!).

Mid-morning snack: 1 banana nut bread Clif Bar (I'm new to Clif Bars -- I've tried a couple of different peanut flavor varieties, but this one is my favorite so far! On tap for future snacks are maple, blueberry crisp, and carrot cake. Mmm proteiny, snacky goodness awaits!).

Lunch: salad with romaine, tomatoes, mini bell pepper, carrot, peaches, and fat-free "homestyle" dressing (whatever that means -- it tastes pretty unremarkable); 1/2 cup combined refried & black beans with fat-free quark, mango-peach salsa, and 1 T guacamole; 2 sourdough Wasa crackers with 1 light Laughing Cow swiss wedge (garlic and herb flavor -- delicious!); 1/2 cup peanut butter Bumpers (which are not as good as Puffins); and 1/2 cup Greek yogurt with peaches, honey, cinnamon, and ginger.

Afternoon snack: 1/2 cup non-fat Fage yogurt with 1 T creamy peanut butter. This is my most challenging nutrition experiment right now, due to peanut butter's high fat content and my peanut butter binges of days gone by. However, combined with the creaminess of true Greek yogurt, it tastes amazing. Truly! And I'm not too afraid of future binges because right now I'm supposed to have one of these snacks every day. Lucky me, right?

Okay, so this post turned out to be not so wordless. Still, I find it fun to share the food of my day (or most of it, anyway) with you, faithful blog fan! And I enjoy reading what others are eating as well. So . . . what did you have to eat today?

No comments:

Post a Comment

"I am glad you are here with me."
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Return of the King