Friday, August 15, 2008

Flashback Friday

While responding to a new comment on an old photo posted on my Flickr stream, another photograph from even farther back in the day caught my eye. It was of the gingerbread men cookies that Ed and I made in October 2006. We both were feeling grumpy with life, relationships, and perhaps even ourselves, so we whipped up a batch of these puppies. The gingerbread man on the right we named Jackson Pollack, and the one on the left became Hot Pants after the addition of red sprinkles to his lower half. We also created The Asian and The Albino. And then . . . we ate 'em. It felt (and they tasted) good, and that gray-turned-cozy fall day remains one of my favorite memories with Ed. Sometimes, a girl friend is just what you need, wouldn't you say?

No comments:

Post a Comment

"I am glad you are here with me."
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Return of the King