Wednesday, December 19, 2007

I made an exciting discovery today: the Royal Foodie Joust, hosted by the lovely Left Over Queen. What is the Joust? you may well wonder. It is a (seemingly, to my eyes) a super-fun monthly event in which a set of requirements for a dish are given, and participants must create a dish within those parameters. For example, by January 1, 2008, participants will create a dish that incorporates pomegranates, pistachios, and mint in some way. Then they post the recipes and photos on the forum (and, in many cases, their blogs) and the voting begins! It's all in good fun, and it seems to me a good way to expand my cooking skills and tastes and to interact with other blogging food-lovers. So what am I planning for my entry? Well, you'll just have to stay tuned and see, because it's top-secret for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

"I am glad you are here with me."
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Return of the King